Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Taeyang's Interview in JSDA Magazine (Summer 2013) Posted by vic on August 9, 2013  

taeyang-jsda-scans_003

“When I dance, I’ve never been conscious of anything. I just let myself go with the music flow.”

SOL danced really happily during CF shooting. What is the charm of dance for him? What artists have influenced him? And his thoughts for dance industry.. a Must Read!

taeyang-jsda-scans_004

“It is important for dancers to increase public exposure.”

Q 1 : First of all, how do you feel about becoming the main visual artist character image of JSDA?
I‘m happy, super happy.

Q 2 : Thank you. Today’s CF shooting features a lot of your dance performance. What are you usually trying to consciously express when you dance?
I dance without conscious thoughts. I just let myself go with the music flow.

Q 3 : This CF promoting “Street Dance Certification License Exam (SDCLE)” will be broadcast through various advertising media. “SDCLE” is an approach to provide standardized dance evaluation methods in Japan that have so far been unclear, to encourage advancement of dance skills and to improve the job outlook for talented dancers. What do you think of this “SDCLE”?
I think it’s very good. We all (dancers) are in the same situation in that it’s very hard to make a living with a dancing career, not only in Japan but all over the world. And you can’t make it (=you are unlikely to make a living at dancing ) unless you are really outstanding among others. In that sense, the certification exam is a very good movement.

But on the other hand, I’m afraid that more dancers might forget the pleasure of dancing itself and consider it as just a job, and not-so-skillful dancers might go public as professional, and as a result, dance industry might reach a saturation point.

Q 4: I see. JSDA supports various dance-related activities other than SDCLE. What would you suggest we do so that dance can gain wide-spread popularity? Like baseball and soccer?
I think it’s important for dancers to [have] increased public exposure. In the case of (major sports like) baseball and soccer, people have many chances to see them when the season starts. But in the case of dance, they don’t get to see it unless they like it, you know. So I think it’s important for dancers to appear on TV and festivals in order to gain the attention of those who are not interested in dance.

Q 5 : For example, if you can spend time and money freely, what would you do for the advancement of dance?
I’d like to gather the world’s best dancers and tour with them. I’d love to show our cool stage to many audience, I want as many people as possible to love dance. It’s also good to invest in dance-related associations and companies, but I’d rather contribute in a way that I can get myself involved..

“ I want be an artist like Michael Jackson.”

Q 6: What made you interested in singing and dancing?
I always liked to sing and dance, and when I was a kid, I saw Michael Jackson, who came to South Korea, and I thought to myself, “I want to be an artist like him.” I was 13 when I started to lean dancing.

Q 7: When did you seriously start thinking about becoming a professional artist?
I participated in the MV of Hip-Hop Artists JINUSEAN who are Senior Colleagues under the same agency (as me). At that time I was thinking about pursuing an acting career, but as I experienced hip hop culture with them, I strongly felt that I wanted to sing and dance more. So I went to meet the president (of YG) and asked him to let me join, and I started to learn to sing and dance seriously.

Q 8 : Are there any artists who influenced you other than Michael Jackson?
Since I learned to dance seriously, I came to know the U.S. dancer called TWITCH. He has given me such good influences. And HENRY LINK of Elite Force.. and also Shaun Evaristo who choreographs for me since I was a solo artist.

Q 9 : Is there anyone other than dancers?
Of course, there are many (artists who influenced me)! SISQO, Usher, Omarion.. I liked Omarion even before I became a singer.

taeyang-jsda-scans_002

“I hope that my dance will move people’s hearts.”

Q10: You have promoted as a Bigbang member in Japan since 2008. What would you like to express and convey through your solo activities?
Passion. I want to inspire people with my music and dance. I hope that my dance will move many people’s hearts.

Q 11 : What is the greatest appeal of dancing for you?
Dance makes me feel good; feel the greatest joy. When I’m completely absorbed in dancing, I feel like I may completely abandon myself or rather, I CAN! Dance, to me, means extreme happiness.

Q 12 : The Last Question: Any advice for the readers who are middle/high school students and seek to become artists on how to succeed as a top artist?
I’ve never thought of myself as a top artist. I sing and dance because I love it. When I was in middle school, I was just happy to be able to sing and dance.

“I love to sing!” “I’m happy when I dance!” - if you don’t forget such feelings and keep on going, you can make your life meaningful even if you don’t become a top artist. The thing is – it’s important to keep your dream alive.


Source : bigbangupdates[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment