Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

[NEWS] Eric Nam, “In K-Pop, I’m a big fan of 2NE1 & Big Bang”! (130129)



Eric Nam, “In K-Pop, I’m a big fan of 2NE1 and Big Bang”!

Eric Nam, following his 5th place finish on MBC’s “Star Audition: Birth of a Great Star” Season 2, is the newest member of the B2M Entertainment family, which includes popular artists such as Lee Hyori, SPICA, and SS501 members Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Sang. He is currently promoting his first mini-album “Cloud 9,” which dropped on January 23rd, including the title track “Heaven’s Door.”

Q: When did you first get interested in K-Pop?
Eric: I first started listening to what’s commonly known as K-Pop in middle school. I started off listening to some H.O.T., Fin.K.L., S.E.S. and then the following generation of musicians, Shinhwa, god, BoA, Fly to the Sky, etc. I would rent VHS (video cassettes… yeah remember those?) every week to watch shows like Music Bank, Inkigayo, Music Core, etc.

I took a few years away from K-Pop and became re-interested in the genre around 2009/2010 while I was studying abroad in Beijing for a year. I started to see the impact that Hallyu was having in Chinese popular culture and started to follow groups like Girls’ Generation, Wonder Girls, Big Bang, 2NE1, 2PM, 2AM, etc.

Throughout, I’ve always tried to listen to other genres of music, that’s weren’t always necessarily considered “K-Pop” – such as Brown Eyes, Brown Eyed Soul, Gummy, Wheesung, 4Men, etc.

Q: Who are your favorite non-K-Pop artists?
Eric: Bruno Mars, Adele, John Legend, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Marc Broussard, Alicia Keys, guilty pleasure – Taylor Swift (though she should really do something about all her heartbreak).

In K-Pop, I’m a big fan of 2NE1 and Big Bang, my mentor Lee Seung Hwan, Urban Zakapa, Naul, Ra.D, Ailee, the list goes on and on and on.

(omitted non-yg related)



Stay with us for more updates! ^o^


Source: @soompi
Shared by Xera@BIGBANGWORLD
Share Tweet

Source : bigbangworldwide[dot]blogspot[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment