Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

[NEWS] YG Life Blog Updates: G-Dragon's World Tour Press Conference! (130322)


“I want to have my own solid brand value as an artist,” Says G-Dragon

G-Dragon, with his solo concert ONE OF A KIND coming up, told his fans that he wants to have his own brand value as an artist.

G-Dragon is currently conducting rehearsal runs for his concert at Sports World in Hwagok-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul with his real concert stage fully replicated. On March 21 at 3p.m., he announced his current plans to the press.

He said, “when I first had my solo concert four years ago, I was simply and idol singer. But now BigBang completed the tour and I want to show my fans my talent as an artist. BigBang is music for five people to collaborate, but as an individual I think I have a lot more hip-hop in me, although this is for the fans to decide. I am in charge of both BigBang’s songs and my own, so this is a problem that I have to solve. I think my upcoming concert will give me some answers to this problem.”

In his last concert, parts of his performance were criticized for its explicit sexual expressions. And G-Dragon is concerned for the upcoming concert, as he has to make sure his way of expressions does not cross the line.

He said, “We have thought about it a lot since the planning stage of the concert. I think whatever I do, it looks provocative. (laughter) We thought about making my concert an R-19 one, but this is not because I want to add sexual performances or anything provocative. It was because I wanted to employ many different ways to express what I have inside me. And because there are a lot of talented people helping me with my concert this time, I believed that they will also help me come up with various ways to express my music. I did feel bad about not being able to see my fans who are under 19, but I thought this was a step I needed to take.”

However, his R-19 concert will be postponed for now. Since this is his first world-tour concert, there were more things to take into consideration.

He added, “When I gave it more thought, I realized that I have my duties as a Korean artist. We came together to think about different ways to express my music, and we found some answers. But I will hold a R-19 concert, just for fun. It’s not going to be anything big, but I want to have a thrilling performance with fans my age or older.”
In this concert, world-star Psy is also coming to see G-Dragon perform. On March 20, the two met up to listen to each other’s new songs.

G-Dragon said, “I listened to his new song and made some comments. How was it? Well, I can’t answer that question. Because it’s too big.” (laughter)

G-Dragon was too busy to talk to his four members from BigBang. He told the press that the members are all too shy to give him words of encouragement.

G-Dragon said, “It’s too hard to see the guys. Daesung is preparing a solo concert in Japan and is a lot busier than I am. T.O.P just finished shooting a movie so he is taking a break now, and Taeyang is also working on many different projects. Seungri? I’m not sure, I think he’s well. (laughter) We are not so good at sharing words of encouragement. We call each other up sometimes and ask if we are eating well. Simple questions like that. And those little things are actually what keep us going.’
The world-class creative directors and choreographers, Travis Payne and Stacy Walker are co-directing G-Dragon’s upcoming concert. The two were also present at the press conference, and said “we had no idea there were so many talented people in Korea.”

G-Dragon commented, “there will be four different sections in the concert. All the sections have a common thread so it becomes one story as a whole. For the entire planning and rehearsing time, the two creative directors looked after the band and even the staff members, and I was touched. Their caring character helped us create an amazing synergy effect. BigBang’s concert was cancelled in Brazil, but next time I really hope we can visit.”

G-Dragon, on March 16, conducted a rehearsal run for his concert at Sports World in Hwagok-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul with his concert stage fully replicated. Until March 25, he will be rehearsing here to make his actual concert a perfect one. He will also rehearse on the real stage at the Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Arena.

Other artists like BigBang and 2NE1, previously have also replicated the stage in a different venue for rehearsals with overseas team members. Such practice is followed by G-Dragon, to make his concert an absolutely perfect one.
G-Dragon’s first Seoul concert will be held on March 30 and 31 at the Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Arena.


Stay with us for more updates! ^o^


Source: @YGLifeBlog
Shared by Trisya@BIGBANGWORLD
Share Tweet

Source : bigbangworldwide[dot]blogspot[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment